Saturday, January 7, 2012

Favorite Equipment




Jim Tweedie, Owner of Wyckoff-Tweedie Photography, has seen almost everything when it comes to photography.  The Age of Film.  The quality of old view cameras (and their difficulties of use).  Darkrooms.  Loading film holders in the dark.  Set ISO's.  The beginnings of the Digital Age.  Photoshop.  Adjustable ISO's.  He has over 3 decades of experience in the photography industry which leads me to ask him a couple questions.

Q:  What is one of your favorite pieces of equipment from the past?
Jim:  One of my favorite pieces of equipment ever was my Hasselblad Camera because of how sharp it was. 

Q:  What is currently your favorite piece of equipment?
Jim:  My camera, oddly.   It can collect so much information, it's as though we are shooting large format film again.  Large groups look 3-dimensional.  Now images are so sharp I hardly miss the Hasselblad.   [Jim usually operates a Nikon D3X]

No comments:

Post a Comment